[icecast] WebTV/ Windows Media Player

Joe Bowser bowserj at unbc.ca
Mon Aug 13 15:32:58 UTC 2001

On Mon, 13 Aug 2001, AJones! wrote:

> Don't know if this has been covered or even asked,
> but how can you allow access to the streams to those
> on WebTV and those using Windows Media Player.

I don't think you can for WMP.  Windows Media Player seems to just
connect to the Icecast server and not send any request (hell, even a line
feed should be able to get Icecast to send data)  I think the same thing
happens with versions of Quicktime.

Joe Bowser - bowserj at unbc.ca
Student Director
Education Alternative Radio Society