[icecast] Icecast Logging

Jack Moffitt jack at xiph.org
Wed Aug 8 20:30:24 UTC 2001

> How close is Icecast logging to the Apache logging format? Can you customize
> the output options like Apache?

It's combined log format + one variable on the end.  It's not
customizable.  All parsers I'ved worked with ignore extra variables, so
that last variable is skipped by www log parsers, but can be used by a
custom icecast parser.  Also certain parsers probably have the ability
to do custom fields. But i've never used one.

> We've used several tools to process our Icecast logs in the past, including
> Webalizer and Urchin. Urchin seems to report some slightly erroneous data.
>
> What have others used for processing Icecast's access.log file?

Webalizers always been my favorite.  it's likely that I will eventually
write something custom for icecast, especially in teh interest of making
BMI and ASCAP reports easier to do.

jack.