[icecast] Different User

matt at yitiens.dhs.org matt at yitiens.dhs.org
Mon Apr 23 20:12:32 UTC 2001

try this..

in your /etc/rc.d/rc.local file (assuming RH compatible)
su -c /usr/local/icecast/bin/icecast iceadm &

create the user iceadm and edit the /etc/shadow file

replace the !! that follows iceadm:  with a '*'.
iceadm:*:<whatever is there>.....

the '*' tells the os that it's a non-loginable acct.

I use this format for all services.  icecast, junkbuster, squid, etc.

Hope that helps,
matt