[icecast] Different User

Steve Smith steve.smith at isay.com.au
Mon Apr 23 01:49:16 UTC 2001

"Tweaker" == Tweaker  <tweaker at yahoo.com> writes:
> Is there a way that I can have icecast run as a different user other
> than root?

I'm currently working on a patch against CVS that will add the ability
to drop root privileges and (optionally) enter a chroot jail.  This
can be done using 'su' and 'chroot' from the command-line/startup
script, but being able to specify it in the config is a lot
easier/cleaner to me.

Let me know if you want to be a tester for it.

Steve