[icecast] yp.shoutcast.com

Jack Moffitt jack at icecast.org
Sun Apr 22 02:00:21 UTC 2001

> Let me know if you have any questions/problems.

After testing it a while, I figured out that directory_remove() was
never being done.

That's been fixed.

Remember that using icy style directories means you can only list ONE
source on the directory.  It will list the default source, no matter how
many you have connected, and it will only remove the listing once the
default source doesn't exist (ie, all sources are gone).

The reason this limitation exists, is because icy dirs don't allow
duplicate entries, and it checks this with _only_ ip:port.

Changing icecast to work around this limiation in icy directories would
require significant work I think, and it's probably not going to happen.
If you want to use multiple streams that all get listed at
yp.shoutcast.com, you'll have to run each stream on it's own server.

In any case, current cvs works.  I'll release a 1.3.11 this weekend with
that change unless I hear any bug reports on this issue :)

jack.