[icecast] Problem IceS and lame

Raphaël HALIMI raphaelh at easynet.fr
Sat Apr 21 21:40:39 UTC 2001

Hello (again :-)

I'm trying to compile IceS with re-encoding support - but I can't...

The problem is :

*****
reencode.c: In function `ices_reencode_initialize':
reencode.c:46: too many arguments to function `lame_init'
reencode.c:46: warning: comparison between pointer and integer
reencode.c:65: warning: implicit declaration of function `lame_version'
reencode.c: In function `ices_reencode_reset':
reencode.c:97: too many arguments to function `lame_init'
reencode.c:97: warning: comparison between pointer and integer
make[3]: *** [reencode.o] Erreur 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/icecast/ices-0.0.1.beta5/src'
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Erreur 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/icecast/ices-0.0.1.beta5/src'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Erreur 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/icecast/ices-0.0.1.beta5'
make: *** [all-recursive-am] Erreur 2
*****

I use last versions of both IceS and lame (0.0.1-beta5 and 3.88-beta).

I saw that installing the new version of lame installs no .so files
(only libmp3lame.la and libmp3lame.a in /usr/local/lib). Is that the
problem ?

How could I check if my installation of lame is suitable for IceS ? The
configure script doesn't complains, but to make it compile, I had to
specify the path to the include file (that was another problem), and now
I can't find the solution for this one.

Any idea ?

Thanks in advance.

--