[icecast] lame question.

Bryan Walls Bryan.Walls at msfc.nasa.gov
Fri Apr 20 18:32:06 UTC 2001

I think the question is, how do you change /icy_0  to /mystreamname,
or at least /mystreamname_0. I'm guessing it would have to be
somewhere in the source?

I'd love to have some kind of control over stream names, such as
having a particular mount point for a stream from a certain IP
address. I have some macs streaming using MacAmp, and they have no
way to specify mount point. Currently I'm streaming each stream to a
Shoutcast server, and then aliasing from the icecast server. Really
clunky, but I don't want all the streams changing names on me if
either the macs or the icecast server were to reboot.

At 9:56 PM -0700 4/19/01, Jack Moffitt wrote:
>What default stream name?
>
>jack.
>
>On Thu, Apr 19, 2001 at 11:33:39PM -0400, john wrote:
>>  ok. dont tell me i am lame. i already know.
>>  my question is.. where is the default stream
>>  name kept? i have rummaged through icecast.conf
>>  and ices.conf, and to no avail, i cannot find it.
>>  with no coding required on my part.. streaming works
>>  on my Alpha. wohoo!
>>
>>  ja.

>>  icecast project homepage: http://www.icecast.org/
>>  containing only the word 'unsubscribe' in the body.  No subject is needed.
>>  Unsubscribe messages sent to the list will be ignored/filtered.

>icecast project homepage: http://www.icecast.org/

Bryan Walls                             My words are not NASA policy.
Bryan.Walls at msfc.nasa.gov               (256)544-3311voice,544-7128fax
http://science.nasa.gov	http://liftoff.msfc.nasa.gov http://kids.msfc.nasa.gov