[icecast] yp.icecast.org || when does your stream come into the db?

Kelly Lee Myers k_myers at kyxpyx.com
Thu Apr 12 20:31:02 UTC 2001

A lot of people seem to be getting ahead of themselves here...
Yes, you will need a .pls file of some sort like listen.pls to follow the
:8000/ for example. But if your browser does not know what the hell it is
supposed to do with a .pls file then its just going to try and down load it
to disk. You must have .pls files associated with your player. this is
pretty straight forward to do if you have not done it already. Now, I have
pointed this out simply because it's probably the thing that is being over
looked in addition to some of the URL usage. I know that some people choose
to use mount points in the url like :8000/music instead of .pls files but
.pls or .m3u are best for compatibility I find when dealing with the rest of
the world that does not have the "tweaking/deduction" skills needed to open
their player with the url doing a copy/paste from the website. It is amazing
how many people cannot figure this out.

Just trying to help...

Lithium