[icecast] yp.icecast.org || when does your stream come into the db?

Geoff Shang gshang at uq.net.au
Thu Apr 12 15:12:16 UTC 2001

On Thu, 12 Apr 2001, Steve Glines wrote:

> --- tim <tim at nvhs.nl> wrote:
> > >
> > is http://194.109.227.136:8000, using liveice and
> > icecast)
> When I try the URL above my system attempts to down
> load a 50 MB file. It isn't streaming. I have the same
> problem with my own system. What are we doing wrong?

If you're clicking on the URL such that it launches a web browser then
you're going about it the wrong way.  That URL needs to be opened as a
location in your MP3 player (e.g. ctrl-L in winamp).  If you want to click
on a link in a web browser, you will need to make a PLS or M3U file with
the location data in it so that this is downloaded and opened by your
player.

Geoff.