[icecast] Icecast & Liveice b.s.

john plastic at m-net.arbornet.org
Thu Apr 5 15:34:06 UTC 2001

At 09:03 AM 4/5/01 -0400, you wrote:
>I hope this is not too obvious, but you failed you mention the MP3 encoder
>that you are using with Liveice.  If indeed you do not have an encoder, or
>liveice is not pointed at it, then you will indeed get the liveice behavior
>that you mentioned.

Ahh. Ok. This is where I no longer understand how to correlate the
three items. I have mpg123 installed. Along with Liveice and Icecast.
I crank out Icecast into the background. I do what next?

I have my playlist. I havent seen any documentation on how to setup this darn
thing. I do not have a soundcard on my Alpha hopefully the Alpha
port of mpg123 does not require one!

ja.