[icecast] Too many "too many errors"

Dave Hayes dave at jetcafe.org
Tue Apr 3 21:56:03 UTC 2001

$ egrep "Too many errors" icecast.log | wc -l
     975
$ egrep "client not receiving data fast enough" icecast.log
     975
$ egrep "Accepted" icecast.log.0 | wc -l
    4076

Hmm. I tried a windows laptop box (kinda slow) and indeed after about
30-40 minutes playback starts stuttering and eventually disconnects
from the icecast server.

Nothing else is running on this box. What gives? Why am I losing about
25% of the connections to this error?
------
Dave Hayes - Consultant - Altadena CA, USA - dave at jetcafe.org

  Excuses are the tools with which those with no purpose in view build for
  themselves great monuments of nothing.