[icecast] Keeping icecast from kicking clients

harvey smith harvey at buskers.org
Sun Apr 1 01:12:33 UTC 2001

I have not been able to do this with the Default stream. My expirience was
that if the default stream dies clients listening to it get kicked no
matter what the settings. I have worked around this by using the modify
command to set another stream as delault before shutting the old default
stream down and this would then move those clients to the new default
stream. In you situation though it sound like you will like to have the
clients actually listening to nothing and not be moved to another
stream. the only thing I can think that you might want to try would be
setting the client_timeout  to something very high like:

client_timeout 86400

note: kick_clients shouldn't apply because client_timeout > 0
      mount_fallback  I think only applies when the client is first
connecting, but doesn't effect already connected clients.

I haven't tried this very large client_timeout idea myself so I'm not
promising it will work. just something to try

Harvey