[Icecast-dev] Dynamic Mount Points in Ices2

Philipp Schafft phschafft at de.loewenfelsen.net
Tue Oct 4 07:03:56 UTC 2022

Good morning,

On Sun, 2022-10-02 at 19:03 +0000, Jen Kutler wrote:
> Thank you Philip.
> This was the document I was reading:
> https://we.riseup.net/assets/29773/Icecast-Streaming-Handbook.pdf

never heard of it. Also it's dated 13 years in the past.

> I have looked at both options but they seem to have a lot of issues
> in that I cannot seem to find an up-to-date version of libshout-tools
> anywhere and installing the older version would create conflicts with
> dependencies.

This is strange. It's relatively new (2.4.5, current is 2.4.6).

The only conflict I could think of is that with oggfwd. Which is not
really a problem as libshout now provides a 100% compatible oggfwd
itself.

> oggfwd seems to be perfect, with the exception of some flaws with
> piping oggenc from an audio file into oggfwd that have me and a
> number of other folks on forums stumped.

Maybe you want to tell us a bout about that?

> If you could point me in the direction of libshout-tools that will
> work with a recent os I would be forever grateful. Thank you!.

Without knowing your operating system that is a bit of a problem.
Generally speaking the one on our homepage is fine. And there there (at
least) should not be any conflicts to begin with.

With best regards,

--
Philipp Schafft (CEO/Geschäftsführer)
Telephon:  +49.3535 490 17 92

Löwenfelsen UG (haftungsbeschränkt)     Registration number:
Bickinger Straße 21                     HRB 12308 CB
04916 Herzberg (Elster)                 VATIN/USt-ID:
Germany                                 DE305133015