[Icecast-dev] Icecast 2.5 - Privileged Ports on Ubuntu

Robert Winkelmann robinstl68 at icloud.com
Thu Aug 25 15:01:46 UTC 2022

What is the recommended procedure to run the beta 2.5 in regards to the
privileged ports on Ubuntu 20/22?

I do have a current instance running which was installed using the
apt-install package method so everything sets up and installs from that.
When I install the make/build 2.5 version it installs and runs fine but
will not open port 80 for SSL connections. I have read that I can take
the 2.5 executable and directory and overwrite the current install as
the system start up files handle the access to those ports. Is this the
best method right now or is there another way to achieve this?