[Icecast-dev] Support request Icecast

Philipp Schafft phschafft at de.loewenfelsen.net
Wed Nov 18 10:06:50 UTC 2020

Good morning,

On Mon, 2020-11-16 at 13:33 +0100, Steven Moser, Möhrle
Software-Engineering wrote:
> Dear Xiph.org Team,
>

> is this the intended way of submitting support requests / questions
> regarding Icecast problems?

Depends a bit on what you are looking for:

If you are looking for community support the Icecast "user" mailing list
at http://lists.xiph.org/mailman/listinfo/icecast and the Icecast IRC
channel at #icecast on Freenode are your friends.

If you are looking for a place to report bugs or feature requests you
want to look at our Gitlab. For the Icecast server the URL is:
https://gitlab.xiph.org/xiph/icecast-server

However in this case it may also be wise to start with the mailing list
or the IRC channel, just to confirm it is a yet unknown bug or to
discuss if a already available feature can do what you really need.

If you are looking for professional/business support, you can feel to
write me off-list.

> I am getting a bit confused by the whole contact scheme provided on the
> website – If not please let me know.

Hope I cleared up your confusion a bit.

With best regards,

--
Philipp Schafft (CEO/Geschäftsführer)
Telephon: +49.3535 490 17 92

Löwenfelsen UG (haftungsbeschränkt)     Registration number:
Bickinger Straße 21                     HRB 12308 CB
04916 Herzberg (Elster)                 VATIN/USt-ID:
Germany                                 DE305133015