[Icecast-dev] Icecast-dev Digest, Vol 154, Issue 2

Henk van de Ridder henk.vande.ridder at solcon.nl
Wed Feb 5 18:28:31 UTC 2020

I am struggling to get icecast running with https, but I cannot get it working
My environment is: Debian 10 (Buster)

Question 1:
I tried the standard debian icecast2 package but there is no SSL capability at all.
Is there a reason for this ? The icecast documentation mentions: Packages are built with openSSL enabled.

Question 2:
I tried to compile the latest version from github https://git.xiph.org/?p=icecast-server.git. But this breaks on /autogen.sh with m4 errors like:
configure.ac:209: warning: PKG_PROG_PKG_CONFIG is m4_require'd but not m4_defun'd
m4/with_pkg.m4:34: PKG_WITH_MODULES is expanded from...
m4/with_pkg.m4:64: PKG_HAVE_WITH_MODULES is expanded from...
configure.ac:209: the top level
configure.ac:20: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_MSG_ERROR
      See the Autoconf documentation.
configure:6748: error: possibly undefined macro: m4_n

I allready installed autoconf and build-essential. Do I need some other stuff ?

Question 3:
So I compiled the icecast-2.4.4.tar.gz contents with ./configure --with-curl --with-openssl; make; make install.
I changed the icecast.xml and icecast is running.
But the errorlog allways has: [2020-02-05  17:35:36] INFO connection/get_ssl_certificate No SSL capability on any configured ports
http is working fine, but no connection via https. The firewall is ok. "wget" mentions a TLS error.

The relevant parts of the icecast.xml are:

   <listen-socket>
        <port>8780</port>
    </listen-socket>
    <listen-socket>
        <port>9780</port>
        <ssl>1</ssl>
    </listen-socket>

  <paths>
        <ssl_certificate>/etc/icecast2/letsencrypt.pem</ssl_certificate>
     </paths>

The letsencrypt.pem is combined out of the certificate (cert.key) and private key file.
The letsencrypt.pem is readeable for the icecast user
I allready tried other pem’s but nothing solves the problem.

(Just for reference I already have https running on debian 7 (wheezy) with the icecast-kh-icecast-2.4.0-kh7 version, but we need a new server)

Have you some advices for me ?

Many thanks in advice

Henk van de Ridder