[Icecast-dev] Icecast clients disconnect at exactly 10 minutes

Andrew L killer.whale9900 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 30 22:10:04 UTC 2018

I am running icecast2.4.4 on a Debian VM with a python script as the source
on macOS on the same computer.

I am using a tunneling service (ngrok) to expose my localhost and listen to
the stream anywhere. I've tried other tunnels like localtunnel, but still
get disconnected at 10 minutes exactly.

When listening to my own stream on the tunnel, the client (Chrome, Firefox,
mpv) gets disconnected at exactly 10 minutes and must pause/play or refresh
to reconnect. The source stays up indefinitely.

At first I thought icecast might be timing out clients, but the debug log
doesn't give a client timeout message.

Debug log message before the disconnect:

DBUG client/client_send_bytes Client connection died DBUG
source/source_main Client removed