[Icecast-dev] Icecast Radio Directory database needed for radio-browser.info

Philipp Schafft phschafft at de.loewenfelsen.net
Wed Sep 20 14:21:57 UTC 2017

Good evening,

On Wed, 2017-09-20 at 07:54 +0200, David Hedlund wrote:
> I wrote this issue earlier for radio-browser.info: Import 20,000 steams
> from the Icecast Radio Directory -
> https://github.com/segler-alex/radiobrowser-api/issues/31
>
> radio-browser.info publish the latest database
> (http://www.radio-browser.info/backups/latest.sql.gz) and you are free
> to use it. Do you also publish the database used for http://dir.xiph.org/?

The database for the directory service is kind of just a cache. All the
data within are refreshed all the time. entries have a maximum age of
about 20minutes. That is the rebuild time of the directory.

You can access the current content via: http://dir.xiph.org/yp.xml
But please do not request that file too often as it's heavy.

Hope that helps you.

With best regards,

--
Philipp Schafft (CEO/Geschäftsführer)
Telephon: +49.3535 490 17 92

Löwenfelsen UG (haftungsbeschränkt)     Registration number:
Bickinger Straße 21                     HRB 12308 CB
04916 Herzberg (Elster)                 VATIN/USt-ID:
Germany                                 DE305133015