[Icecast-dev] OPUS/FLAC Metadata

Eduardo Martinez erm13martinez at gmail.com
Thu Jun 15 15:34:51 UTC 2017

Hi Phillipp,

I don't think there is a ticket open about FLAC metadata specifically.  The
original thread from 2015 is as follows:

"On Tue, 2015-01-13 at 17:53 -0800, Eduardo Martinez wrote:
> Hello,
>

> I'm currently using Liquidsoap to stream a group of files to Icecast.
>
> The stream is sent to Icecast in a few different formats (MP3,HE-AAC
> v2,OggFlac,OggOpus).
>

> The "Current Song" metadata is correctly displayed for the MP3 and the
> AAC stream, but not the OggFLAC or OggOpus stream.
>

> I see a few entries in the Icecast forums, but it does look like FLAC
> metadata support never made it into a an official feature request.
>

> The lack of metadata happens for both Icecast 2.3.3.kh-11 as well as
> Icecast 2.4.0

Yes. That is correct. Thank you for reporting.
We have recently worked on improving the metadata support a bit and also
talked about better support on Opus and FLAC on the international
Icecast meeting this year.

To the other project members:
Is there a ticket for this? if not can someone create a meta ticket with
child tickets per codec? When there is a ticket please also ping me on
IRC. Thank you."