[Icecast-dev] OPUS/FLAC Metadata

Philipp Schafft phschafft at de.loewenfelsen.net
Sun Jun 11 14:36:41 UTC 2017

Good evening,

On Sun, 2017-06-11 at 09:24 -0500, Rick Keniuk wrote:
> Anyone know any workarounds for OPUS/FLAC metadata on IceCast?  I’ve
> monitored my inbound stream and this is working correctly (or at least
> the formatting and data for the OPUS stream is identical to the
> MP3/AAC+ streams).  I see people with OPUS streams and metadata but
> they may not be using IceCast.  Is it safe to assume we’ll see this in
> the next version?

We updated Icecast2 some time ago to handle this. It is in the 2.5
development trunk. 2.4.x is the current stable branch which only updated
with (security) fixes.

Hope that helped you.

Have a nice weekend,

with best regards,

--
Philipp Schafft (CEO/Geschäftsführer)
Telephon: +49.3535 490 17 92

Löwenfelsen UG (haftungsbeschränkt)     Registration number:
Bickinger Straße 21                     HRB 12308 CB
04916 Herzberg (Elster)                 VATIN/USt-ID:
Germany                                 DE305133015