[Icecast-dev] Icecast relay crash.

Philipp Schafft phschafft at de.loewenfelsen.net
Wed Nov 9 08:44:30 UTC 2016

Good morning,

On Mon, 2016-11-07 at 19:12 +0530, Sourav Saha wrote:
> Thanks Philipp.

> I agree with you, this looks like some buffer overrun issue. I know
> I'm using a very old version of icecast software but still I am
> asking is there any kind of workaround to this problem apart from
> upgrading the icecast version (which is the last option).
> Running Valgrind may help to capture the root cause, any thoughts?

I just feel like that even if we would find that with a big amount of
work to dig into it you will likely just end up with the next problem.
And the next one may be something even more hidden.

There are about 41k lines of changes since 2.3.2. A version which were
released at a time with a team which has no overlapping with the current
team.

Unless you really want to get into the next problem that will be ahead
and putting some budget into it I can just strongly recommend you to
upgrade.

> BTW what's the latest stable version of icecast?

Current stable version is Icecast2 2.4.3. We're working on a 2.4.4 at
this point.

with best regards,

--
Philipp Schafft (CEO/Geschäftsführer)
Telephon: +49.3535 490 17 92

Löwenfelsen UG (haftungsbeschränkt)     Registration number:
Bickinger Straße 21                     HRB 12308 CB
04916 Herzberg (Elster)                 VATIN/USt-ID:
Germany                                 DE305133015