[Icecast-dev] Icecast relay crash.

Philipp Schafft phschafft at de.loewenfelsen.net
Sat Nov 5 17:35:11 UTC 2016

Good evening,

On Sat, 2016-11-05 at 19:33 +0530, Sourav Saha wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I am using icecast 2.3.2 and I'm not in position to upgrade the
> version right away since this version is already in use. Please let me
> know if you need any additional details for this issue. Nevertheless
> if there is any potential fix has gone towards this part of code in
> later versions, I can just use that patch in my current code base.

Version 2.3.2 is not just old but stone age. It has a range of known
bugs, security vulnerabilities both local and remote.

The problem you see is very likely because of some random buffer overrun
bug. Maybe one of those vulnerabilities.

> Also I'll try to catch up on Freenode but can't be very sure due to
> time difference, so I'm betting on the replies on this thread.

with best regards,

--
Philipp Schafft (CEO/Geschäftsführer)
Telephon: +49.3535 490 17 92

Löwenfelsen UG (haftungsbeschränkt)     Registration number:
Bickinger Straße 21                     HRB 12308 CB
04916 Herzberg (Elster)                 VATIN/USt-ID:
Germany                                 DE305133015