[Icecast-dev] Proxy

jorr at streamguys.com jorr at streamguys.com
Wed Jul 27 15:47:42 UTC 2016

We've tested this as working relatively well, disable buffering is the major
key if I recall. Otherwise the NGINX server loads up data before handing off
to the client.

server {

       listen 80;

       server_name my_dns_name.tldn;

       location / {

           proxy_buffering           off;

           proxy_ignore_client_abort off;

           proxy_intercept_errors    on;

           proxy_next_upstream       error timeout invalid_header;

           proxy_redirect            off;

           proxy_set_header          X-Host $http_host;

           proxy_set_header          X-Forwarded-For $remote_addr;

           proxy_connect_timeout     60;

           proxy_send_timeout        21600;

           proxy_read_timeout        21600;

           proxy_pass http://my_dns_name.tldn:8010;

       }

   }

More information about said directive can be found here:

http://nginx.org/en/docs/http/ngx_http_proxy_module.html#proxy_buffering

Jesse