[Icecast-dev] multiple connection

Yaniv Sharon yaniv.sharon at gmail.com
Fri Jul 1 11:52:17 UTC 2016

I didn't pick up the data from the access file, just from the error file...

About players, I can't control what the "radio index" sites are doing with
my icecast streaming address,
But as far as I know from my experience, the players when they getting
"crazy" causing between 3-5 multiple connections for less than a 2 minutes.
Not a big issue.

The situation that I'm describing is very different, 20-30 (and once even
almost 40) "listeners" from the same IP, for a long time. Each "listener"
using true bandwidth.
The IP source is from Vietnam, Korea...i really think that abusing its what
I'm talking about.
( What a mobile device will handle 30 instances for 20 minutes? )

Any idea to handle situation like that one?