[Icecast-dev] Injecting audio snippets based on user IP

Glenn Cooper glenn at mychoons.com
Fri Sep 11 11:43:43 PDT 2015

Hi folks,

I¹m looking to extend on my Icecast server to allow for ³injection² of radio
adverts based on the user¹s profile.

Say for example, 500 listeners are tuned at any one time, at a certain time
of the day, I¹m looking to loop through all of the connections, and inject
the appropriate advert for that listener. Is this possible on the server? An
alternative solution would be to loop through the clients, move them to
another mount point, start up an ezstream service that would play the
advert, once that is done, move the listener back. I can see there is a move
clients function, but can this be IP specific?

In addition to this, it would be advantageous if we could fade the music out
and in from the source for each client, when the client is being moved from
one mount point to another, then back again?

Thanks