[Icecast-dev] Monitor Client for Connection Changes

Glenn Cooper glenn at mychoons.com
Sun Nov 8 07:27:03 PST 2015

Hi,

I am extending Icecast 2.4.2 and looking to integrate a function to monitor
client connections in real time.

Two procedures I¹m looking for:

1) Fire event when client has been connected for period of time, say 5
minutes ­ My only solution for this that I have in mind, is to loop through
all clients on all mount points every minute and manually check their
connection time, this seems to be an overkill

2) Fire event when client¹s connection has dropped ­ I.e. No longer
connected (I suspect I can call this event from the client_destroy procedure
from client.c

Thanks