[Icecast-dev] GSOC introduction

"Thomas B. Rücker" thomas at ruecker.fi
Fri Mar 27 08:42:36 PDT 2015

On 03/27/2015 03:09 PM, Mintoo Kumar wrote:
> hi,
> i am Mintoo Kumar ,2nd year computer engg. undergraduate at NSIT,delhi
> unversity,
> india .i am a beginner to open source and want to contribute for open
> source community.i am coding in c/c++ since last 2 years.and i have
> experience of coding in python,java,html,css,php,xml as well.i would
> like to work on the project "Icecast configuration interface".

It's a little bit late to start writing a proposal...

I'd recommend to have a look at the ticket(s) linked from the project idea.
What we guess is most likely at the moment would be providing the whole
XML via an web API call.
Then a CSS/JS driven implementation to modify this, based on a DTD/Schema.
Then sending this back to the server for validation and reload.

Please note that just repeating this in your proposal will certainly not
be enough, albeit the time is short for writing this you'd need to
convincingly show that you understand the idea based on given
information AND that you know very well how implement this.

Good luck.

Thomas