[Icecast-dev] HTTP Basic Auth alternative

dtouch3d completely dtouch3d at gmail.com
Tue Jan 13 09:33:22 PST 2015

>> It would be ideal if icecast would get the credentials from the GET
>> parameters, something similar to
>>
>> http://example.com:8000/mystream?user=username&pass=password
>>

> You can do that if you use the URL auth backend:
> http://icecast.org/docs/icecast-2.4.1/auth.html#url

Thanks! Appending parameters to the url is possible because it passed
to the external url in the mount property, and icecast doesn't mind
serving the right mount point. I don't remember seeing this in the
docs though, I think it would be good addition.

Also, sorry about the HTML, gmail changed the format to "rich text"
for some reason.

On Tue, Jan 13, 2015 at 6:25 PM, renan jegouzo <renan at aestesis.org> wrote:
> Would be better to try directly https protocol, to be more secure.

You are right, that would be more secure. The credentials are now sent
unencrypted. But this means icecast must support this functionality
and I have not seen anything in the docs. Is this supported ?