[Icecast-dev] Help wanted! - Icecast is applying for Google Summer of Code through Xiph.org

"Thomas B. Rücker" thomas at ruecker.fi
Thu Feb 19 23:34:46 PST 2015

Hi everyone,

We've decided to apply for this year's Google Summer of Code. Xiph.org
has taken part before, so we hope to get at least one or two, maybe even
3 students.

If we get chosen we need project ideas and mentors though. We've already
started to collect some ideas that would hopefully be sized for students
here:
https://wiki.xiph.org/Summer_of_Code_2015
That page also lists possible mentors. If you feel you'd be capable to
help mentoring a subject, please just add your name/nickname there. Or
add your nickname to existing ideas if you could mentor or help mentor
them. I won't be allowed to mentor more than one and my name is
currently everywhere.

If you have great ideas what could be done in and around Icecast, feel
free to add them. Don't forget to add yourself as a mentor too, if
possible. Keep in mind, that they should be well doable within the GSoC
timeframe. Also ideas have to be mainly about coding, not documentation.
More info:
https://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/document/show/gsoc_program/google/gsoc2015/help_page#3._What_is_an_Ideas_list

Let's make Icecast even better and help some students get involved in
open source!

Cheers

Thomas