[Icecast-dev] Client development

Philipp Schafft lion at lion.leolix.org
Mon Feb 9 22:30:10 PST 2015

reflum,

On Tue, 2015-02-10 at 00:38 +0100, Marvin Scholz wrote:
> Especially for iOS Development, this might not be an option. I am not
> sure about how libshout connects, but if it uses usual C sockets there
> are some issues:
>
> > In iOS, POSIX networking is discouraged because it does not activate
> the cellular radio or on-demand VPN.
> > Thus, as a general rule, you should separate the networking code
> from any common data processing functionality and rewrite the
> networking code using higher-level APIs

Isn't that what common/ is for? to abstract stuff?
So I guess it would be better to spend some time in getting common/
ready for that than to write a new and possible broken source client.

I just got code of such a source client yesterday and that makes me feel
even more into letting people use libshout...

--
Philipp.
 (Rah of PH2)