[Icecast-dev] Client development

Frank LaRosa frank at nobleapplications.com
Mon Feb 9 13:03:22 PST 2015

Hi,

I’ve been tasked with developing an Icecast broadcast client for iOS. I am not sure how to get started. Ideally, I’d like to get my hands on documentation that describes the Icecast API. Otherwise, if there is a code example in either C, C++ or Obj-C, that should be enough to get me started.

I don’t need help figuring out how to generate the audio stream, as I already know how to do that; I just need to know how to send it to the server, and how to do basic things like authenticate and ask for information about the user’s account and stations.

Thanks.