[Icecast-dev] Extending Icecast 2.4.X against Ezstream (Run External Script or Integrate Ezstream Source)

Glenn Cooper glenn at mychoons.com
Thu Dec 10 02:15:03 PST 2015

Good evening,

I am extending Icecast 2.4.x in a project that intends to use ezstream
many times during the Icecast execution life cycle. At the point when I
"start up" ezstream, I am faced with a dilemma of whether I should just
integrate the ezstream source code into my project and program directly
to the procedures, or whether I should just use shell scripts to control
ezstream. The ezstream processes will just be fired up for a couple of
minutes then dropped, but on a regular basis. Firing up shell scripts
would make my coding life a lot easier, but a gut feeling tells me that
this is not the right way,

If anyone has got any experience within this, it would be greatly useful.

Cheers

Glenn