[Icecast-dev] Icecast stats.xml

Roger Hågensen rescator at emsai.net
Fri Oct 24 01:50:18 PDT 2014

I got word back from the guy that developed the polling/parsing code for StreamLicensing.
The following are the XML tags/fields that is fetched from Icecast-KH's stats.xml

Regards,
Roger.

*******************************
We connect to each stream’s stats.xml file for collection of Icecast stats.
The typical URL is of course hostname:port/admin/stats.xml?mount=/mountname
We collect the following data. Note that the listener nodes are repeated, one for each listener on that stream.
Some of the metadata like max_listener and listener_peak we store but do not currently use.
However, unless we are to change our scripts to support Icecast2, which may be in the cards in the future, then we expect to see xml in a format used by Icecast.
I understand that clustering and/or an aggregation stats server may be needed, but because each stream is polled every 60 to 90 seconds, parsing large chunks of aggregated data can cause latency in excess of our safety thresholds.
Please consider that requirement in your design approach.

<client_connections>
<source>
<genre>
<server_url>