[Icecast-dev] Icecast 2.4.1<location> and <admin> warnings

Philipp Schafft lion at lion.leolix.org
Fri Nov 21 21:04:27 PST 2014

flum,

On Fri, 2014-11-21 at 17:01 -0800, Eduardo Martinez wrote:
> I just did a fresh install of Icecast 2.4.1. from source.

It's good to see people updating! Thank you :)

> At the moment I get the following warnings:

> [2014-11-21  18:51:32] WARN CONFIG/_parse_root Warning, <location> not
> configured, using default value "Earth".
> [2014-11-21  18:51:32] WARN CONFIG/_parse_root Warning, <admin>
> contact not configured, using default value "icemaster at localhost".

> Im using the stock config file included with the source.
>
>     <location>Earth</location>
>     <admin>icemaster at localhost</admin>

That's correct. We added some warnings and other logging in that release
and we will add some more in 2.4.2.
This is to ask users to set meaningful values for <location>, <admin>
and <hostname>. Setting them will help later on e.g. when
troubleshooting. Adding those warnings was based on our experience with
user support.

Your question is a good one, hope my answer is helpful also.

Have a good evening/night/whatever!

--
Philipp.
 (Rah of PH2)