[Icecast-dev] Icecast stats.xml

Roger Hågensen rescator at emsai.net
Wed Nov 12 18:20:12 PST 2014

(see forwarded mail further below)

Shoutcast v1, Shoutcast v2, Icecast-KH are all "compatible" with the way
info is collected by StreamLicensing.

Some may wonder why bothering to humor StreamLicensig, but the thing is
that other licensing/royalty collectors did it the same way.
StreamLicensing are now sadly the only ones that cater to small
independent station that do not wish to be a pirate radio. (LoudcIty wet
belly up and Radionomy who know owns Shoutcast and WInamp does things
differently, Live365 also do their own thing.)

It is a shame that Icecast v2 can't be used/supported. Today Icecast v2
is not an option due to te lack of those stats and Icecast-KH is not
that well supported. Result is that people are either stuck with
Shoutcast v1 or Shoutcast v2 (if they want some Icecastlike features).

Would it be possible to provide Icecast-KH style stats maybe via a
config option/flag, and then decided if this should be enable by default
or not!?
Later a proper stats login account could be provided that meet the
criteria of the PROs.

Thoughts anyone?

Roger Hågensen.