[Icecast-dev] Icecast 2.4 beta4 memory leak

"Thomas B. Rücker" thomas at ruecker.fi
Sat Jan 25 22:56:26 PST 2014

Hi,

On 01/25/2014 11:47 PM, v_2e at ukr.net wrote:
>   I have tested the newly released IceCast 2.4beta4 and again found a
> noticeable memory leak in it.

Can you please run Icecast under Valgrind?
I'm personally using:
valgrind -v --time-stamp=yes --leak-check=full --show-reachable=yes
icecast -c /etc/icecast2/icecast.xml

With our experiments so far we were not able to see such massive leaks.
It would also help to know more about your setup.
Which distro is this on? Which version of it?
Built from source? OBS package?

>   This time it is even larger than in the beta3 version.
>   Here is the graph similar to the one I prepared last time:
>     http://ftp.wombat.org.ua/IceCast-2_4_beta4-memory_leak.png

By the looks of it each stream leaks something in your case.
How long are the songs you have in the playlists (Wondering how often it
gets metadata updates).

Really appreciate your help, as we want to make a good 2.4 release soon.

Cheers

Thomas