[Icecast-dev] MPEG DASH

"Thomas B. Rücker" thomas.ruecker at tieto.com
Tue Feb 11 00:12:07 PST 2014

Hi,

On 11/02/14 10:00, Yannick "Modah" Gouez wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I was wondering if there were any plans for MPEG DASH support in icecast ?

I've been loosely following the libDASH development, making Icecast
align with that may be possible, though I have not evaluated this properly.
Anything MPEG is out of the question though as that entails patents, if
DASH itself is covered by patents and requires licensing, it's out.

DASH is container and codec agnostic so in theory could support things
like Ogg or MKV/WebM.

To sum up: Solid IPR evaluation necessary, then PoC by whomever sees
fit. In that order.

Cheers

Thomas