[Icecast-dev] icecast with bootstrap

"Thomas B. Rücker" thomas at ruecker.fi
Tue Dec 16 05:08:18 PST 2014

Hi,

On 12/16/2014 12:55 PM, Micheil Smith wrote:
> I guess it’d be possible to compile the templates in something other than xsl,
> the question would be what, and is it worth it?

Something that people tend to overlook is, that the Icecast web
interface is not meant to be a primary page for radio listeners or let
alone a station's homepage.
Obviously people want to put data about their streams on e.g. a homepage
or somewhere else though.
Icecast addresses this by
a) traditionally by utilizing XSLT to transform data into machine
readable, tailored output
  cf. e.g. http://ruecker.fi/foss/icecast/xslt/
b) recently we added a new, cool, hip JSON API (/status-json.xsl)
  I'd recommend running 2.4.1 as there you have basic control over
CORS-ACAO headers and there is an important fix in the JSON API.

> I was bored early this morning so hacked on the xslt files for the NTS Radio
> icecast — listen.ntslive.co.uk

A bit minimalistic, but yeah, everyone can tailor it the way they want.
Especially if it will get a lot of internal use.

Cheers

Thomas