[Icecast-dev] Android App for Icecast Administration

"Thomas B. Rücker" thomas.ruecker at tieto.com
Sun Oct 6 23:35:03 PDT 2013

On 06/10/13 07:32, Elad Nava wrote:
> Yeah, the app will probably only be for viewing statistics and other
> Icecast data - and not for "managing" or modifying the server since it
> isn't possible from the Web interface.
>
> Any suggestions for what Icecast data the app should display?

Please have a look at /admin/stats.xml for the basic set of information.
In addition to that you can extract additional mount point related
information (also in XML format!) from other virtual files in /admin/ as
mentioned in the documentation.

If you aim for something real time, then you might want to have a look
at the STATS method. Sadly there is not much documentation for it aside
from the example mentioned here: http://icecast.org/#release_2.3.0
Note: We aim to move in a future version from the non-HTTP STATS method
to something HTTP compliant, probably a GET of a /admin URL.

Also: please support HTTPS! Most people won't want to send their admin
password in the clear across the interwebz. Especially from the
stereotypical 'Starbucks free WiFi'.

Cheers

Thomas