[Icecast-dev] Icecast and MySQL Stats

"Thomas B. Rücker" thomas at ruecker.fi
Thu Mar 28 05:39:11 PDT 2013

Hi,

On 03/28/2013 12:28 PM, Luca Cireddu wrote:
> Hi all,
> my name is Luca Cireddu, I'm from Italy and this is my first e-mail in
> this list. I'm the Technical Manager at UnicaRadio, University Webradio
> in Cagliari, Sardinia.
> We use Icecast as main Relay Server with different audio formats, and we
> are also testing video streaming using theora/vorbis format.
That's very nice to hear.

> In this period I'm working in Icecast source code to implement a
> detailed Stats system using a MySQL database and a simple PHP+HTML site
> as interface.
> My idea is just a prototype, but it's already working fine.

Have you evaluated preexisting solutions?
Some of the http-log analyzers explicitly support icecast log analysis.
Also there is a nice munin plugin that I wrote:
http://www.ruecker.fi/foss/icecast/munin-icecast-0.1.tar.bz2
Horribly old testing screenshot:
http://www.ruecker.fi/foss/icecast/munin.png

> My mods are based on vanilla version 2.3.3, but I think that it could be
> an interesting feature to add in the main repo.

What do you need to modify in icecast itself?
Most statistical data is readily available through the many interfaces
we offer.
Show us your concept and we'll be happy to help!

Cheers

Thomas