[Icecast-dev] Using Icecast streaming DIrectory through api

Thomas Rücker thomas.ruecker at tieto.com
Sat Jun 22 23:38:36 PDT 2013

Hi,

On 23 June 2013 03:56, RITESH MEHANDIRATTA <riteshmehandiratta at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, i read those mails with subject "Radio player for "FirefoxOS" there i
> found a url http://api.dir.xiph.org/experimental/full which contains a very
> big list of streaming radio station and listen url it returns a response as
> a json object .these apis are in experimental mode .is there any
> documentation related to these api's so that i can read and use it according
> to my needs .

You probably have seen https://trac.xiph.org/ticket/1958

As the API is still changing, developing and experimental, there is no
detailed documentation yet.
Currently it is a very simple list of radio stations, as outlined in
the FirefoxOS thread.
Developers are welcome to submit their comments, needs and wishes
regarding the API in the aforementioned ticket.
Snapshots that can be used for general public applications, including
expected API life-time will be announced on this list and on the
ticket. Using the experimental API in published applications is
strongly discouraged as it's changing; it's fine for development and
testing to get an idea how things will work of course.

Discussion should happen here on the list.
--
Best regards

Thomas