[Icecast-dev] Javascript source client

Thomas Rücker thomas.ruecker at tieto.com
Mon Jun 17 04:05:12 PDT 2013

On 17 June 2013 10:14, macbroadcast <marc at let.de> wrote:
> Am 17.06.2013 11:12, schrieb Daniel James:
>> Airtime
>

> After several weeks of trying and calling my provider and talked to your
> support i gave up on
> airtime, because it does not work on a virtualized system, it seems the

Well, virtualization is a general problem for many source clients.
Especially I've previously seen all sorts of unreliability when it
comes to timing accuracy. During encoding timing is crucial though,
this can lead to malformed streams and other weirdness.

When it comes to running Icecast on a virtual machine that's a
different story. As Icecast doesn't really mess with the stream it is
not affected by the above problem.

Cheers

Thomas