[Icecast-dev] Icecast 2.4 beta3 release

"Thomas B. Rücker" thomas at ruecker.fi
Sat Apr 6 03:12:10 PDT 2013

This is to announce the release of Icecast 2.4 beta3 (aka 2.3.99.3).

We've landed a nice feature and we're looking forward to testing and feedback.
As this is a beta release please discuss it on the icecast-dev mailing list.
(Please do NOT cross-post to both lists, do not reply to the icecast mailing list).

New feature -
     Default mount.
     This <mount type="default"> allows you to define a global set of defaults
     for ALL mounts.
     This way you can use e.g. url-auth for sources and or listeners also for
     dynamically generated mounts.

Please test this and also all other new 2.4 features and report to the dev
mailing list with your observations and findings.

Source tar ball:
http://downloads.xiph.org/releases/icecast/icecast-2.4-beta3.tar.gz

We will also start to provide experimental Windows binaries soon.

Also there are experimental packages for many distributions built on OBS:
https://build.opensuse.org/package/show?package=icecast&project=home%3Adm8tbr
The package repositories are here:
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/dm8tbr/
Those are not intended for production useand _none_  of the packages
have been tested, so if it scares your cat, bites your dog and blows up -
enjoy the fireworks.

Cheers

Thomas