[Icecast-dev] Help

Assen Totin assen.totin at gmail.com
Tue Sep 25 02:52:01 PDT 2012

Ciao, Renato,

Hi, my name is renato and I'm trying to develope a player for Icecast
> screams, how can I get some help?
> I need to obtain all italian streams.

Recently there was a similar question - here is a part of it from the web
archives:

http://lists.xiph.org/pipermail/icecast-dev/2012-August/002080.html

Additional notes:

- This example does _not_ use compressed download; if you need help on
this, just ask.

- This example uses XML-to-DOM conversion. This is easy on the developer,
but is memory-consuming (especially now that the listing is over  13K
station). If you are developing for desktop, this should not be a big
issue; but f you are developing for mobile devices, it will probably not
work (you'll run out of memory) - then you need a less memory-intensive
(but more coding-intensive) parser like SAX.

WWell,

Assen