[Icecast-dev] /* Check for midi header in logical stream */

Marc marc at let.de
Thu Jun 21 06:46:24 PDT 2012

2012/6/21 Andrés González <acandido at hi-iberia.es>

> **
> On 20/06/12 15:01, Marc wrote:
>
> Hello List,
>

> Hello Marc,
>

>  as an long time macintosh user , musican/producer/programmer , i am very
> upset that another great technology (DSS ) vanished because of http
> streaming so i turned my interest towards icecast, whitch seems an
> fantastic and evolved media streaming server.
>
>  I am very interested in Midi, especialy the possibility to *sync Audio
> with Midi*.
> So my question , would it be possible to stream a Vocal track for example,
> via icecast and syncronise a reciever via Midi clock ?
>

> If I understood you well, Icecast will do the job in the server part; the
> complex part is the receiver. I would try GStreamer for that.
>
> HTH,
> Andres

hey Andres

Thanks for the reply , I was looking around on the interwebs and i found
nothing then else then "subscription" based services like *ejamming.com* ,its
 expensive and difficult to handle , a musican friend did not get it to
work (Portsettings and mapping no UPnP ).

Imagine one lead vocal track could triggers several sound sources around
the world , you think the *latency* from midi would be a problem for drums
for example  ?

Thanks´

Marc