[Icecast-dev] need API doc to develop a radio client

Sanjay sanjay.girigoswami at wipro.com
Wed Aug 29 01:32:32 PDT 2012

<sanjay.girigoswami <at> wipro.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I want to develop a streaming client application which will use Icecast
server to receive the stream and play the radio stations. But I have not found
any API documentation as available in case of SHOUTcast server. Can you please
provide any api documentation
>  or link which describes the things below:
>
> 1) How to connect with the Icecast server
> 2) How to get the station list from the server
> 3) how to get the playlist
> 4) How to play a radio station
> 5) How to fetch the metadata information.
>
> Thank you in advance.
>
> Regards,
> Sanjay
>
>  Please do not print this email unless it is absolutely necessary.
>

>  The information contained in this electronic message and any attachments to
contain proprietary, confidential or privileged information. If you are not
the intended recipient, you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-
mail. Please notify the sender immediately and destroy all copies of this
message and any attachments.

> WARNING: Computer viruses can be transmitted via email. The recipient should
check this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses. The company
email.