[Icecast-dev] icecast dev

Yaniv Sharon yaniv.sharon at gmail.com
Tue Aug 21 16:41:36 PDT 2012

Hi.

Good to see new spirit of icecast!

I have some suggestions:

1. Compatibility to iphone/android. There is a way to make the icecast
working as one point solution to iphone/android?  a lot of streamers
searching for that.

2. I'm running icecast 2.3.2 on my 2008 windows server. I don't know how to
explain this but I will try:

     When you starting to listen to a  icecast stream that hosted in
windows, The stream is buffering "slow" on the client player. I think that
is related to the term "burst on connect".

    In a Linux platform is better. It pushes more data faster to the player
buffer on that initial connect, meaning that the music starts playing much
faster.

     But the word "faster" is not the main issue here. from my experience
with running icecast / shoutast on windows, the "burst on connect" is very
important to the stream stability.

3. Flash streaming capability?

Well.thnx guys.. hope to hear from you soon.

Waiting to the windows version.