[Icecast-dev] Patch - MP3 Frame validation

Paul Kelly paul at stjohnspoint.co.uk
Wed Oct 26 10:37:40 PDT 2011

Hi Klaas,

On Wed, 26 Oct 2011, Klaas Jan Wierenga wrote:

> I'm recording mp3 streams from an Icecast server (using curl). This means files will start with partial frames. Most media-players don't have a problem with this, but some do, which results in incorrect bitrate detection for example.
>
> If I am right, this patch would solve that problem, causing the recorded file to start on a frame boundary because on connection the stream starts on a frame boundary.

Yes, it should fix that as far as I can see (if the administrator of the
server were to apply the match).

> For which branch and version of Icecast did you develop this patch?

It is against the 2.3.2 source (it applies cleanly against the Icecast
version in Ubuntu 10.04). Sorry should have mentioned that - although it
is indicated in the diff header. Also I just noticed an extraneous
variable - don't now how I missed that before - you can safely delete the
line
     char message[200];
from validate_header() function.

Best regards