[Icecast-dev] Streaming ogg files with multiple audio

Andres Gonzalez acandido at hi-iberia.es
Wed Oct 6 03:31:30 PDT 2010

Hello,

I've got a solution. It's simply increasing the burst size in icecast.xml.

In my case, setting burst_size to 226143 worked (the video stops
slightly in some instants, but most time it runs fluidly). (Note that
the test file size is about 1 MB).

While testing, I observed that with a normal video (single audio) first,
refbufs got with get_next_buffer() in source_main(), had lengths: 73,
618, 73, 3303, 2106, 3755, ...
But with mix1.ogg (double audio), lengths were: 59417, 42471, 43592,
61627, ...
This implied that in the second iteration of the main loop of
source_main(), source->burst_offset exceeded source->burst_size and
refbufs at source->burst_point begin to be discarded.

That caused, time after, that client->refbuf was NULL very frecuently,
and find_client_start() could not find a refbuf with sync_point==1 (and
therfore give a refbuf to the client), because the refbuf queue at
source->burst_point had just 1 item.

I don't know yet if these big sizes are due to icecast or oggfwd.

Hope anyone finds this interesting.

Regards,
Andrés