[Icecast-dev] Adding dependencies

Nicholas Young nicholas at nicholaswyoung.com
Tue Nov 30 10:24:04 PST 2010

I'm tinkering with adding another C program into my fork of icecast. I've
installed the libraries on my machine, as well as added both the .c and .h
files for the library to my icecast source folder. However, while running
make, I get:

ad.a httpp/.libs/libicehttpp.a log/.libs/libicelog.a avl/.libs/libiceavl.a
timing/.libs/libicetiming.a -lssl -lcrypto -lcurl -lvorbis -logg -lxslt
-lxml2 -lz -lpthread -licucore -lm
Undefined symbols:
  "_redisConnect", referenced from:
      _logging_playlist in logging.o
  "_redisFree", referenced from:
      _logging_playlist in logging.o
  "_freeReplyObject", referenced from:
      _logging_playlist in logging.o
  "_redisCommand", referenced from:
      _logging_playlist in logging.o
ld: symbol(s) not found

I see the various -l statements above, and wonder how to get my library
included in that list. I'm just attempting to understand how you've
configured the build process for Icecast.

Nicholas